Friday, 15 March 2013

It's the little things...

As I write this I find myself resisting the urge to gush about the new man in my life. My amazing friend Zannia of http://chroniclesofzannia.blogspot.com.au/ was in town recently and we exchanged 'gushes'. I am so happy for her! And I was happy that we could both compare sickly sweet texts and stories. That 'honeymoon' period of a relationship is the best. Filled with cuteness. I find myself engaged in frequent PDAs, sitting too close to each other in restaurants and other public places, embracing and kissing knowing people are around but not caring. I used to walk past these couples and find myself repulsed! But now I am one of 'those' people I can't care less what people walk by me think, it's amazing!

I've been thinking...as is the title of this post, about the little things and how they can make all the difference. I hate to bring up my new guy again, but whatever! So for example one day we were going to have dinner up in the hills somewhere but my man checked the menu beforehand - saw that there was nothing vegetarian for me to eat and came up with a new spot for us to eat. To anyone else this might seem like a trivial detail, common sense even (of course he'd check the menu beforehand...wouldn't he?!?), but no. This may seem cliche but after disappointments in other relationships I have learnt to keep my expectations low. So I am extremely grateful for any little thing that shows someone has thought ahead, or that someone is thinking of you. He has exceeded all my expectations. Ahh the honeymoon stage, long may it continue!

But otherwise I've had a very busy few weeks. I went to Melbourne for a long weekend to catch up with some girls I met when I was in Europe. We had a very relaxing time exploring the hills and more country-ish areas, avoiding the CBD itself which I think made it all the more relaxing. I'm all for shopping and all that Melbourne city has to offer but I think the scenery and more chilled pace of the outer suburbs was a nice change (and better for my bank balance!) I also went to Future Music Festival in Adelaide. It was a 39 degree day and near the beginning of the day I found myself feeling faint and dehydrated. For my health's sake I decided to stop drinking (I'd had two ciders) and guzzle some h20, This plan worked a treat and I found myself better very quickly and full of energy ready to see some bands! I absolutely loved Temper Trap. The energy from the band was amazing, their enthusiasm literally radiated and I felt privileged to have been a part of the experience! Some bands/acts in comparison I feel sort of 'go through the motions' with little or pretend enthusiasm so it's great when bands feed off the crowd and really commit to the performance. As I mentioned earlier I also got to see my friend Zannia who lives interstate. We had breakfast and coffee then went meandering around Rundle Mall. She shopped and I window-shopped! The girl can shop! We went op-shopping too. Here is a shot of the girl herself taking a careful look.
Perusing like a pro




No comments:

Post a Comment